The book begins with a brief history which gives the reader an understanding of how advertising has evolved from the way it was practiced earlier in the teeming bazaars to its sophisticated and technologically advanced avatar today. The authors then discuss each aspect of the advertising industry in detail, giving pointers, suggestions and in-depth analysis of how things work in each department.
Some of the highlights of this text are:
- A holistic introduction which gives the reader a pan-industry perspective of advertising.
- The nitty-gritties of copywriting for the main media-newspapers, magazines, radio, film, television and the Internet.
- Detailed chapters on advertising agencies, client servicing and the creative aspects of advertising.
- Pointers on how to conduct an advertising campaign.
- Numerous advertisements which illustrate the theory and examples used in the book.
- Tips on how to select an advertising agency and in what circumstances the agency should be changed.
- A simple, approachable and anecdotal style of writing which the reader will enjoy.