An Introduction to Child Development, Third Edition provides undergraduate students in psychology and other disciplines with a comprehensive survey of the main areas of child development, from infancy through to adolescence, in a readily accessible format. It equips students with an appreciation of the critical issues, while providing balanced coverage of topics that represent both classic and cutting edge work in this vast and fascinating field.
The new edition has been fully updated and features:
- Topical research examples from current literature in psychology, education, nursing and medicine including new material on fetal learning and the role of play
- New and expanded sections covering key contemporary issues in cognitive, emotional and social development
- New features such as 'Points for Reflection' boxes, designed to encourage the reader to reflect more deeply on the subject matter
- Access to an enhanced SAGE Edge companion website which features online readings, Powerpoint Slides, ‘Test Yourself’ questions and much more (https://edge.sagepub.com/keenan3e).
- Interactive quizzes
- Free access to scholarly journal articles
- Flashcard glossary
- Author-selected videos
- Instructors Manual
- PowerPoint slides