Join author Mike Bell and new co-author Loka Ashwood as they explore “the biggest community of all” and bring out the sociology of environmental possibility. The highly-anticipated Fifth Edition of An Invitation to Environmental Sociology delves into this rapidly changing and growing field in a clear and artful manner. Written in a lively, engaging style, this book explores the broad range of topics in environmental sociology with a personal passion rarely seen in sociology textbooks. The Fifth Edition contains new chapters entitled “Money and Markets,” “Technology and Science,” and “Living in the Ecological Society.”
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- Test banks provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Lecture Notes summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help with preparation for lectures and class discussions.
Chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer assistance with lecture and review preparation by highlighting essential content, features, and artwork from the book.
- Chapter exercises for individual or group projects provide lively and stimulating ideas for use in and out of class reinforce active learning.
- Final Exam and General Course Projects
- Video and Multimedia Links, including carefully selected chapter-by-chapter video and multimedia content which enhance classroom-based explorations of key topic.
- Recommended Readings list useful books and articles for additional study.