A comprehensive quick reference that covers virtually every legal challenge faced by schools today
Veteran school administrators Bill Streshly and Larry Frase have taken their classic "quick reference" and combined it with the insight and experience of a practicing school attorney for a comprehensive, up-to-date reference that covers all the basics and more, including:
- Education's legal framework
- Making the system work for you
- Understanding the direction of the changing law
- The struggle for human rights: students, parents
- Separation of church and state
- Managing grades, tests, and student records
- School discipline
- School safety and security
- Special education
- Personnel management
- Collective bargaining
… as well as new strategies for avoiding lawsuits and a highly useful "troubleshooting guide".
New to the Second Edition: Summaries and insights on the newest laws and trends in legislation … and now, for the first time, experienced administrators William Streshly and Larry Frase, join forces with John Walsh, a practicing attorney with extensive experience in school law, combining his knowledge of the judicial system with the needs of educators.