"Bill Rogers has an entertaining style and communicates his ideas in a way that will be easily accessible to teachers."
"This is an extremely readable book on children's behavior and the management of behavior in a classroom and school context. Provides a useful guide to developing a whole-school approach to positive behavior."
In this revised and updated edition of the bestseller, the author draws on his extensive experience as an educational consultant and trainer to help teachers and managers develop a whole-school strategy for dealing with student behavior.
In a distinctive accessible and entertaining style, the book offers practical suggestions to support teachers as they face the pressures of accountability, assessment and rising concerns about student behavior.
This resource covers:
- Positive discipline and the importance of consistency
- Specific skills in the language of discipline, both verbal and non-verbal
- Techniques for managing bullying, aggression, rudeness, and violence
- Methods to use with behaviorally disordered students
- The 4Rs--rights, rules, responsibilities, and routines
- Behavioral consequences including 'time-out'
- Behavior agreements or 'contracts'
- Playground management
- Setting up a behavior management plan and expressing it in policy