Best Teaching Practices for Reaching All Learners
What Award-Winning Classroom Teachers Do
- Randi Stone - Educational Consultant, Keene, NH
How are the best teachers in our nation reaching students?
Educators are always challenged to motivate students to learn, working hard to identify learning standards as well as to find creative and meaningful ways of incorporating them into their classrooms. Best Teaching Practices for Reaching All Learners is your guide to how award-winning teachers reach every child and provide what each learner needs to succeed.
Randi Stone's newest best-practice collection takes its cue from the No Child Left Behind legislation, using its theme to create a one-of-a-kind educational resource that provides exciting, insightful classroom strategies from 43 of the best teachers in the country! These ideas cover all areas of your curriculum and all of your learners. You will find:
- Content strategies for differentiating social studies, reaching reluctant readers, and teaching mathphobic learners and the "scientifically challenged"
- Innovative methods for reaching at-risk and special learners coping with autism, Asperger's syndrome, ADHD, shyness, poverty, and other challenges
- Teaching with technology, rubrics, culminating activities, and service learning
- Using multiple intelligences, learning styles, affinity groups, and reflection in the classroom
- Reaching students through fine arts, physical movement, humor, and more
All students deserve quality instruction focused on individual needs as well as on the academic standards to which educators are held accountable. Help change your students' attitudes about themselves and their abilities!
"Regardless of the subject area of instruction or the make up of given classroom, Best Teaching Practices for Reaching All Learners will live up to its title and become a favored reference for any teacher, whether in a primary or public, rural or urban, preschool through high school school setting."
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: Language Arts to Reach All Learners