Use this six-part strategy for measurable, cross-curricular EL achievement!
How can districts and schools successfully promote academic English language development through teaching content knowledge and standards-based skills and abilities? This thoroughly researched book provides concrete answers. You’ll find practical steps and ideas for developing collaborative, cross-curricular programs that address EL-specific needs. Clear tables and templates, essays, expert research, and real-life teacher and parent stories illuminate best practices for appropriate standards-based instruction that gets results.
Using the authors’ six-part ENGAGE Model, you’ll learn to:
- Establish a shared vision for serving ELs
- Name the expertise to utilize within collaborative teams
- Gather and analyze EL-specific data
- Align standards-based assessments and grading to ELs’ linguistic and content development
- Ground standards-based instruction in both content and language development
- Examine results to inform next steps
Use this groundbreaking guide to accelerate progress and ensure effective instruction for all ELs!
“Learning requires attention, engagement, and quality instruction. This book provides all three necessary components in one place; a model that teachers can use to ensure that their English learners achieve.”
San Diego State University
"This book should be a mandatory must read for all educators as we continue to serve our diverse student populations and strive to ensure we are honestly reaching academic achievement for each and every student!"
-Michele R. Dean
Coordinator,Ventura Unified School District
Click here for a printable PDF flyer.