High School Graduation
K-12 Strategies That Work
- Avis Glaze - Edu-quest International Inc., Former Chief Student Achievement Officer of Ontario, Founding CEO of the Literacy and Numeracy Secretariat
- Ruth Mattingley - Edu-quest International Inc.
- Rob Andrews - Ontario Ministry of Education
Education Policy | School Change & Reform
High-impact strategies to improve student outcomes
Based on first-hand experiences from one of the world’s fastest improving school systems, this comprehensive resource helps teachers and leaders increase student achievement and outcomes in elementary, middle, and high school education.
Written by three educators instrumental in developing and implementing Ontario, Canada’s remarkably successful educational strategies, High School Graduation: K–12 Strategies That Work provides concrete, detailed, and research-informed tools with particular attention to learning progressions. Scaffolded instruction and leadership strategies promote early and sound foundations in literacy and numeracy, build pathways to close achievement gaps, and emphasize multiple high-impact strategies, including character and citizenship development to improve graduation rates. You’ll also find:
- A multi-pronged approach that includes state, district, and school-level action points
- Sample tools and templates for planning and self-assessment
- Lessons learned from schools that have successfully implemented these strategies
This book makes large-scale reform possible and accessible.
"With teachers and schools being held more accountable for the continuous improvement in student learning, rising achievement scores, and increasing graduation rates, this book serves as a timely resource."