Put children on a path to success!
The hard truth? Some kids are just more ready for kindergarten than others, dictated in part by their socioeconomic background and prior learning experiences. Even worse, unless we can provide the support these kids need early on, there's a risk some may never catch up.
That's where Kindergarten Readiness steps in. It's a ready guidebook to help you equip our youngest students for formal schooling. Covering everything from involving parents to creating developmentally appropriate curriculum, this book will help you:
- Understand the complexities of the transition to kindergarten
- Implement a successful program of instruction and assessment appropriate for children with various abilities
- Align your lessons with Common Core kindergarten standards
- Assess young children's skills and abilities
- Tailor your program to enrich learning for all students
Filled with authentic photos and tools for practice, this is one of the rare resources to combine the latest research with immediately useable ideas and professional development support.
"This book has the potential to change the way that early childhood teachers work with children."
—Nancy Marie Borie Betler, Instructional Support Specialist
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, Charlotte, NC
"There are few resources on how to adequately prepare children for kindergarten and none that approaches the topic with such a depth of knowledge and research."
—Diana Parker, PreK Teacher
Robert Frost Elementary School, Manteno, IL