Reach the Highest Standard in Professional Learning
- Karen Seashore Louis - University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
- Shirley M. Hord - Learning Forward
- Valerie von Frank - Michigan State University, USA
Make your school a place where professional learning thrives
Learning Forward is a leader in understanding and advancing professional learning that leads to student success. This series explores Learning Forward’s seven Standards for Professional Learning, which outline the characteristics of effective professional learning that, collectively, advance teaching and learning.
This volume focuses on the pathways through which leaders can orchestrate a learning environment that empowers teachers to take charge of their own development. Features include:
- An original essay by Karen Seashore Louis on creating a school culture in which all adults see themselves as part of the larger enterprise of continuous learning
- Strategies, tools, and specific examples focused on the leader’s role in everyday practice
- A case study of how public school leaders in Lexington, Massachusetts, improved outcomes for the district’s students by building trust, developing collaborative capacity, and fostering leadership at all levels of the system
When you make professional development an everyday part of the life of your school, you create an environment that encourages innovation, inspires collaboration, and makes continuous learning a priority—which benefits teachers and students.