Reach the Highest Standard in Professional Learning
- Karen Hawley Miles - Education Resource Strategies
- Anna Sommers
- Patricia Roy
- Valerie von Frank - Michigan State University, USA
A Joint Publication with Learning Forward
Secure the resources needed to support educator professional growth!
Learning Forward is a leader in understanding and advancing professional learning that leads to student success. This series explores Learning Forward’s seven Standards for Professional Learning, which outline the characteristics of effective professional learning that, collectively, advance teaching and learning.
In this volume, you will learn creative strategies for prioritizing, monitoring, and coordinating the resources required for educator learning and student success. This book includes:
- An original essay by Karen Hawley Miles and Anna Sommers on how school systems can reconfigure people, time, technology, and money to improve and sustain educator growth
- Implementation strategies, practical tools, and specific examples for maximizing resources—especially time—for teacher learning
- A case study of how Dearborn Public Schools, Michigan, shifted existing resources to drive professional learning despite tough economic times
Learn how wise management of professional learning resources can help achieve stronger outcomes for your educators and students!