"This excellent book is up-to-date with the expanding role of technology in education and offers endless ready-to-implement suggestions and plenty of illustrative material while linking everything to brain research. It is easy to understand, thoughtfully crafted, and right on the mark."
—Beth Madison, Principal
George Middle School, Portland, OR
Engage, motivate, and inspire students with today's best practices
This third edition of what has become a classic methods text reveals the most current approaches to inspire and motivate students. Donna Walker Tileston engages readers with real-life classroom examples, proven techniques for reaching every learner, and up-to-date strategies, all outlined in her reader-friendly style. She incorporates the latest research on brain-compatible pedagogy and learning styles throughout the updated chapters on today's most critical topics, including:
- Using formative assessment for best results
- Integrating technology to connect students' school and home lives
- Differentiating instruction to inspire every student
- Connecting with children of various cultures, including those who live in poverty
- Creating a collaborative learning environment
Each chapter includes helpful lists, charts, and graphs. New and veteran teachers will find a treasure trove of invaluable tried-and-true strategies throughout this handy reference.