BUNDLE: Lent: The On-Your-Feet Guide to Disciplinary Literacy in Math: 10 Pack
- ReLeah Cossett Lent - ReLeah Lent Educational Consulting
- Marsha McCracken Voigt
All On-Your-Feet Guide orders receive FREE SHIPPING! Use code SHIPOYFG at check out.
Math has its own specialized language. Mathematicians write in symbols, read patterns, and think in terms of visual or abstract ideas. With a disciplinary literacy approach, math teachers can focus on teaching their specialized content by showing students the literacies that truly support mathematical thinking – so students can read, write, think, investigate, and communicate as mathematicians.
This On-Your-Feet Guide will help teachers:
- Plan instruction that engages students’ natural inquiry and curiosity;
- Apprentice students toward deeper understanding of mathematical concepts, terms, symbols, and patterns;
- Help students use their new learning to create, communicate, and act as mathematicians;
- Teach skills required by mathematical standards and frameworks; and
Start working with colleagues to design instructional units that incorporate both mathematics and literacy skills.On-Your-Feet Guides (OYFGs) provide you with the ultimate “cheat sheet” to implement effective change in your classroom while in the moment of teaching. Designed for accessibility, and providing step-by-step guidance, the OYFGs are written by experts who take research-based practices and make them doable for the busy teacher.
Each On-Your-Feet Guide is laminated, 8.5”x11” tri-fold (6 pages), and 3-hole punched.
Use the On-Your-Feet Guides
- When you know the “what” but need help with the “how”
- As a quick reference to support a practice you learned in a PD workshop or book
- To learn how to implement foundational practices
- When you want to help your students learn a specific strategy, routine, or approach, but aren’t sure how to do it yourself