This is a key text for all those studying for degrees and foundation degrees in early childhood, early years and related disciplines and for Early Years Teacher candidates. It enables students to appreciate and understand the central role of observation for understanding, planning for and educating early years children.
This new Third Edition has been updated in line with recent policy and legislation changes and includes:
- a new first chapter to help students to understand the context of early childhood in England and elsewhere
- an exploration of the essential elements of child observation that are important across the world
- new international case studies
- a research chapter that has been re-written to improve its accessibility to students
- more case studies throughout to link theory to practice.