"This important book is a thorough account of early communication covering bilingualism and specific areas of learning of reading and writing in early years. It is well laid out, informative and supportive with excellent case studies. "
- Eva Mikuska, Senior Lecturer at University of Chichester
The role of the adult in the development of young children’s communications skills through interaction is vital and this book will help you understand this and improve your practice.
Taking a chronological approach there is also a particular interest in the needs of two year olds, including the Progress Check at Age Two and the revised requirements of the early years foundation stage.
The book features:
· Case studies, points for practice and links to video examples
· Coverage of bi or multilingual children
· Examples of enabling environments for communication and interaction
· Ideas of how to work best with parents.
Suitable for all those studying or practising in Early Childhood it will develop the way you think about communication and interaction.