An accessible guide for any practitioner, this book provides a step-by-step approach to implementing cooperative learning in the classroom and covers:
- The key factors that make cooperative learning work
- Advice on measuring the effectiveness of cooperative learning
- Guidelines for using cooperative learning to encourage effective talk
- Ideas for practical activities
- An action plan for whole school professional development
An invaluable resource for individual teachers using cooperative learning techniques, this book will also be of interest to headteachers, trainee teachers and learning support staff.