- 550 signed entries, A-to-Z, fill 3 volumes (1,500 pages) in print and electronic formats, offering the most detailed reference work available on issues related to divorce, both in the U.S. and globally.
- Cross-References and Further Readings guide readers to additional resources.
- A Chronology provides students with context via a historical perspective of divorce.
- In the electronic version, the comprehensive Index combines with Cross-References and thematic Reader's Guide themes to provide convenient search-and-browse capabilities.
- For state and nation entries, uniform entry structure combined with an abundance of statistics facilitates comparison between and across states and nations.
- Appendices provide further annotated sources of data and statistics.