Features & Benefits:
- The volume is divided into three sections, each with its own Section Editor: Labor & Economic Debates (Judith Gans), Social & Cultural Debates (Judith Gans), and Political & Legal Debates (Daniel Tichenor).
- Sections open with a Preface by the Section Editor to introduce the broad theme at hand and provide historical underpinnings.
- Each section holds 12 chapters addressing varied aspects of the broad theme of the section.
- Chapters open with an objective, lead-in piece (or “headnote”) followed by a point article and a counterpoint article.
- All pieces (headnote, point article, counterpoint article) are signed.
- For each chapter, students are referred to further readings, data sources, and other resources as a jumping-off spot for further research and more in-depth exploration.
- Finally, volume concludes with a comprehensive index, and the electronic version includes search-and-browse features, as well as the ability to link to further readings cited within chapters should they be available to the library in electronic format.