1. Resolved, the framers of the Constitution would approve of the modern presidency
2. Resolved, the unitary executive is a myth
3. Resolved, political parties should nominate candidates for the presidency through a national primary.
4. Resolved, the president should be elected directly by the people.
5. Resolved, the 22nd Amendment should be repealed.
6. Resolved, presidential success and failure have more to do with political time than with a president’s character and leadership qualities.
7. Resolved, presidential power is (still) the power to persuade
||George C. Edwards III
8. Resolved Congress should be required to vote up or down on legislation proposed by the president
||William G. Howell and Terry Moe
9. Resolved, presidents have usurped the war power that rightfully belongs to Congress.
10. Resolved, President Barack Obama has followed President George W. Bush's approach to the war on terror.
11. Resolved, presidential signing statements threaten the rule of law and the separation of powers.
12. Resolved, presidential “czars” undermine Congress and the Constitution
||Mitchel A. Sollenberger and Mark J. Rozell
||Justin S. Vaughn and José D. Villalobos
13. Resolved, the president has too much power in the selection of judges.
||John Anthony Maltese