Still Reclaiming the Joy in Education
- Debbie Silver - Education Consultant, Keynote Speaker, and Author, www.debbiesilver.com
- Jack C. Berckemeyer - Director, Berckemeyer Educational Consulting Group
Even more ways for educators to flourish
A lot has changed in schools since Deliberate Optimism was first published, but one thing hasn’t: Attitude can make all the difference. When educators choose optimism—even in the face of the toughest challenges—they foster a school culture where students and staff feel safe, engaged, and productive, able to enjoy the healthy interactions that lead to real change.
Updated to address major changes in education since 2015, the second edition of this much-loved book features new doses of the same cathartic humor, plus
- Revised, more succinct Principles of Optimism
- Expanded focus on leadership
- Updated strategies and thought-provoking scenarios
- Interactive “Action Step” exercises
- A new chapter on mental health
- QR codes leading to additional resources such as self-assessments and videos
Optimism is the salve for overworked leaders and teachers, and this book delivers on outlining its indisputable benefits. Brimming with wit and honesty, the updated Deliberate Optimism demonstrates how changing your mindset can help you rediscover your motivation—and create a school environment bound for success.