Digital Skills for Nursing Studies and Practice
- Cristina M. Vasilica - University of Salford, UK
- Emma Gillaspy - University of Central Lancashire, UK
- Neil Withnell - University of Salford, UK
Professional Skills for Nurses
This practical book equips you with the digital capabilities you need for your nursing studies and career. Whether you are a digital native or less confident with technology, the book develops your ability to harness digital tools and opportunities to enhance your nursing practice. From using technology for better communication, collaboration and participation to honing your technical skills, the book instils the digital mindset you need as a 21st century nurse.
· Mapped to HEE’s Digital Capability Framework
· Structured around opportunities for self-assessment and reflection to help you identify the areas that require work
· Focuses on the capabilities specifically needed for the nursing role, using activities and case studies to highlight their application to practice
· Covers topical issues such as digital wellbeing, online professionalism, data protection and more
With the growth of technology and the rapid uptake of digital innovations in healthcare, it is only logical for us as student nurses to become familiar with and proficient in digital skills. This book, perfectly summarises the importance of the digital world, how it supports nursing practice, its potential and how we as professionals, can use it safely and effectively. I think it is an essential asset to every student nurses bookshelf!