Digital Tools for Qualitative Research shows how the research process in its entirety can be supported by technology tools in ways that can save time and add robustness and depth to qualitative work. It addresses the use of a variety of tools (many of which may already be familiar to you) to support every phase of the research process, providing practical case studies taken from real world research.
The text shows you how to select and use technology tools to:
- engage in reflexivity
- collaborate with other researchers and stakeholders
- manage your project
- do your literature review
- generate and manage your data
- transcribe and analyse textual, audio and visual data
- and represent and share your findings.
The book also considers important ethical issues surrounding the use of various technologies in each chapter. On the companion website, you'll find lots of additional resources including video tutorials and activities.
Whether you're a novice or expert social researcher, this book will inspire you to think creatively about how to approach your research project and get the most out of the huge range of tools available to you.
Free resources on the companion website:
- Links to free SAGE journal articles
- Links to suggested websites, online videos and audio clips