Discover Sociology: Core
Core Concepts maintains its reader-friendly narrative and the hallmark themes of the parent book, including the unequal distribution of power in society (“Inequality Matters”), the sociological imagination (“Private Lives, Public Issues”), and career skills (“What Can I Do With a Sociology Degree?”). A new feature, “Discover and Debate,” shows students how to take effective, evidence-based positions on important social issues, and how to argue in a respectful manner that recognizes the value of different perspectives. See the full list of topics here.
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package
SAGE Vantage Digital Option
Engage, Learn, Soar with SAGE Vantage, an intuitive digital platform that delivers Discover Sociology: Core
SAGE Premium Video
Included in SAGE vantage! SAGE Premium Video tools and resources boost comprehension and bolster analysis. Watch this video on Culture, Values, and Beliefs for a preview. Learn more.
FREE! Easily import our quality instructor and student resource content, including resources from ASA’s TRAILS, into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time. Learn more.
FREE online resources for students that make learning easier. See how your students benefit.
SAGE EDGE FOR STUDENTS enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize student study time, anywhere, anytime
- eQuizzes that allow students to assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus your attention
- Chapter summaries with learning objectives that reinforce the most important material
- Chapter-specific study questions that allow students to engage with the material
- Multimedia resources that bring concepts to life through open-source videos and podcasts
- Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal and reference content that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
Instructors: The following online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
Instructor Teaching Site
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
· required access codes
· learning a new system
Say YES to…
· using only the content you want and need
· high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE Edge.
SAGE coursepacks includes:
- Our content delivered directly into your LMS
- Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
- Assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
o Diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
o Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
o Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
o Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available on the SAGE Vantage platform, linked through SAGE Coursepacks) that is curated and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to diverse learners, featuring:
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
o Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, , a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
- Videos include animated concept videos, as well as licensed AP news clips
- Interactive data maps help students take a closer look at the data presented in the print text and display additional data not found in the corresponding text maps.
- Links to exceptional teaching resources from A.S.A.’s TRAILS (Teaching Resources and Innovation Library for Sociology)
- MCAT Guide maps chapter content to Foundational Concepts and Content Categories in Section 3 of the MCAT test.
- EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal and reference content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
- Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
- Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
- All tables and figures from the textbook