This book is broadly divided into three major sections: the thematic section, country overviews, and case studies. Through these, it attempts to:
- Understand the concept of drought.
- Map diversity in drought situations across South Asia.
- Identify responses to drought.
- Outline viable options for more integrated approaches to drought policies and mitigation strategies.
- Initiate a process of dialogue on a more comprehensive public policy for drought management.
Comprehensive, thought-provoking, informative, and featuring new research data, this collection will provide policy makers and professionals with the opportunity to discuss and debate policies for sustainable livelihood support systems and drought management. It would also be an invaluable source of information for students and teachers working in the fields of Water and Natural Resource Management, Environmental Planning, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, Public Policy and Public Administration.