The aim of this book is to make sure all students on the Autistic Spectrum are given the opportunity to engage in appropriate teaching and learning experiences. It considers the individual with autism, and offers tried and tested approaches that have worked, giving background information on autism and its impact on the learner.
In this new edition, the author has added:
- More information on sensory issues
- An increasingly holistic view of the student with autism
- New ideas for curriculum planning in mainstream settings
- Advice on multi-professional working
- Guidance on developing positive working relationships with parents and care-givers
There is a wealth of new electronic material available to download from the SAGE website, including photocopiable materials, PowerPoint presentations and checklists.
A must-have resource for all practitioners working with children and young people on the autistic spectrum, this book will improve your inclusive practice and ensure positive outcomes for these children.
Praise for the First Edition:
"From the wealth of books now available on the subject of autistic spectrum disorders, this is one of the best I have read. Martin Hanbury's obvious commitment and understanding of children with ASD shines through." – Communication