"Recommending solid ideas for developing play environments that meet children's needs, chapters discuss frameworks for designing play environments, case studies offering examples of how play environments can be developed, ideas and activities, research evidence pointing toward the importance of good play environments, and more."
—MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW
This book provides readers with ideas for developing play environments that will meet the needs of the children in their care. The author illustrates how improving the play environment offers positive ways for dealing issues ranging from inclusion to playground management and the need to promote physical activity.
This resource includes:
- Clear frameworks for designing play environments
- Case studies showing examples of how play environments can be developed
- Ideas and activities for developing designs with children's participation
- Illustrations, photographs, and practical examples
- Research supporting the importance of good play environments
Ideal for practitioners and managers in all early years and for students in education, early childhood, child care and playwork courses, this handbook is also relevant to playground designers, landscape architects and community education and development workers.