Essentials of International Human Resource Management
Managing People Globally
- David C. Thomas - University of Victoria, Canada, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Mila B. Lazarova - Simon Fraser University, Canada
Calling all instructors!
It’s easy to log on to SAGE’s password-protected Instructor Teaching Site at http://study.sagepub.com/thomasihrm for complete and protected access to all text-specific Instructor Resources for Essentials of International Human Resource Management. Simply provide your institutional information for verification and within 72 hours you’ll be able to use your login information for any SAGE title!
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A bank of 15 multiple choice questions for each chapter in Microsoft Word provides you with the opportunity to use pre-written questions or personalize them to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course.
- Chapter-specific discussion questions help launch classroom interaction by prompting students to engage with the material and by reinforcing important content.
"Essentials of International Human Resource Management: Managing
People Globally is a must-read for anyone studying or
managing human talent in a global context. Written by leading experts in
the field, this book should be on the bookshelf of anyone needing cutting-edge
knowledge in international human resource management."
"This is a timely book delivering what it says in the title: essentials of IHRM. Its contextualized perspective gives it a unique flavor. A must read for students and practitioners of IHRM alike."
“Adopting a truly global perspective, Essentials of International Human Resource Management by Thomas and Lazarova, provides a first rate account of the anatomy of this evolving field. In incorporating insights garnered from international, comparative and cross-cultural lenses, the authors unearth the explanatory power of contextualism and demonstrate the true value of a ‘levels of analysis’ approach. Illustrative case studies serve to augment the theoretical material making it an indispensable resource for any student of IHRM.”
A very general approach to IHRM. I would like to see more case studies.
A comprehensive and relevant book that helps in facilitating a more grounded and global understanding of existing challenges in the field IHRM
I would have adopted this textbook for my May 2014 course if there were supplementary materials for the instructor. I plan to use this textbook in another HR related course where I will have time to prepare my own instructor materials in advance.
This is a book a global HRM manager as well as a lecturer or a researcher should have in his bag or in the library in a HE institution. It deals with all the pertinent issues and subject theory in details in the context of interconnected global business place.
Good Companion text to International Business