Covering the most critical topics and strategies in the field, Essentials of Operations Management provides business students with the most up-to-date coverage of modern topics not always found in other texts, such as human resources in operations, facility location, "green" operations, and the balanced scorecard approach to operations. Author Scott Young draws on his many years of teaching experience at both the undergraduate and MBA level to provide the essential content necessary for success in operations—in an affordable text.
- Includes a complete chapter (Chapter 4) on managing the operations workforce—an important topic for the well-rounded operations manager
- Applies "The Balanced Scorecard" approach to operations in Chapter 5, introducing students to a performance measure that balances customer, internal processes and learning and growth measures against traditional financial measures
- Covers sustainable operations in Chapter 7, including discussions of "green" operations and why they are important for any new operations manager
- Includes end-of-chapter projects and exercises that help students apply concepts to real-life situations
- Provides students with ample review opportunities through additional end-of-chapter features such as review questions, key terms, and summary points
Instructor Resources on CD include PowerPoint® slides, chapter overviews, lecture outlines, review questions, and additional cases. Contact Customer Care at 1-800-818-SAGE (7243) from 6 am - 5 pm, PT, to request a copy (qualified instructors only).
Essentials of Operations Management is appropriate for undergraduate or MBA students taking Operations Management, Production and Operations Management, or Operations Strategy courses in schools of business.