Discover the link between ethical leadership and successful educational communities!
In an age of accountability and transparency, principals are held responsible for everything from test scores to school finances. Because of this increased accountability, school leaders must regularly confront difficult ethical dilemmas.
Ethical Leadership in Schools teaches principals and aspiring principals the concepts that inform ethical choices in leadership roles. Using brief vignettes, Kenneth A. Strike explores common situations that principals are likely to encounter and presents questions and issues to help them determine the ethical path. As part of the Leadership for Learning initiative of the American Association of School Administrators (AASA), this invaluable resource clearly explains complex ideas in an accessible, well-illustrated manner.
To help resolve the dilemmas that challenge every school leader, this book:
- Guides readers through the process of making ethical decisions
- Bridges ethics to issues of accountability
- Provides scenarios that reflect the difficult choices facing principals
- Supplies the tools to create ethical advice in varied contexts
- Examines the central principles of fair cooperation
The study of ethics should emphasize what makes a school a good educational community. By creating communities that are competent, caring, and collegial, school leaders will be able to maximize their resources and meet the growing demands of accountability.