Globally recognized as the definitive text on health promotion, this fourth edition becomes ever more useful for public health and health promotion courses around the world. It offers a firm foundation in health promotion before helping you to understand the process of planning, implementing and assessing programmes in the real world.
New to the 4th Edition:
- A chapter on “Evidence-Based Health Promotion” addressing the development of an evidence base for health promotion.
- Expanded coverage of health inequalities, equity and social exclusion
- Further discussion of mental health promotion and well-being
- Key concepts are now highlighted and explained throughout the book
- 'Critical reflection’ boxes have been added to help the reader think critically about an issue or approach.
The book is supported by online resources, with up to 20 original case studies from around the world, access to full SAGE journal articles, and author selected web links that explore key organisations and institutions in the field.
- A collection of original case studies from around the world
- Further reading to help with assignments and exams
- Weblinks to help you explore key organizations and institutions