Chart your course for success: A guide for school and district leaders
As school and district leaders navigate the sea of new initiatives and standards, shoring up with an instructional coaching program is more critical than ever before. Research supports the value of coaches in improving school culture and facilitating change that leads to staff and student success. This comprehensive resource guides school and district leaders through the journey of developing and sustaining an effective coaching program. The authors engage readers with a nautical metaphor that outlines the planning and implementation process, including how to
- Cast a vision for the coaching program
- Determine desired characteristics of instructional coaches
- Use data to evaluate and refine the program
- Communicate the benefits to leaders, principals, and teachers
- Design appropriate professional training and support
The Facilitator's Guide includes chapter-by-chapter resources, references, forms, vignettes, and brain-based learning activities for groups. The authors inspire educators to abandon the "old school" isolation islands for a collaborative culture that champions professional learning for the benefit of districts, schools, staff, and—most importantly—students.