Generally grouped with 2-3 others into a 60 or 75-minute session.
Research or scholarly work documenting already-conducted research or theory development on leadership topics submitted with an accompanying paper. If accepted, the program team may change paper presentations to interactive roundtable discussions or display posters, if they cannot find other appropriate submissions with which to group you.
Paper presentation submissions to the Leadership Education track will be considered for the “Most Publishable Leadership Education Paper” award, sponsored by SAGE Publishing. The winner(s) will receive travel allowances to West Palm Beach!
Submissions for a paper presentation must include a title, short description, and an uploaded paper at the time of submission. If you do not have a paper completed and ready at the time of submission, then choose individual presentation above. Available participant roles are presenter and co-author.
Uploaded papers must:
- Be free of author-identifying information (including names, affiliations, etc.) everywhere in the document, as it will be distributed for a double blind review. Submissions that include author-identifying information may be subject to immediate rejection. Accepted submissions will have the opportunity to upload revised papers with author-identifying information once scheduling is completed.
- Be between 2,000-2,500 words (not including figures, tables, and references). Note that this paper is for reviewing purposes only. Accepted submissions will have the opportunity to upload longer/complete papers once scheduling is completed.
- Be completed in the following format: Times New Roman 12-point font, double spaced, 1-inch (2.5 cm) margin, and 8.5 by 11-inch page setting.
- Be uploaded into the online CFP system before the submission deadline as a Word document that does not exceed 10 MB.
- Be unpublished and not accepted for publication, but may have been previously presented or scheduled for presentation. This is an opportunity to receive further feedback before advancing towards publication.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2017 “Most Publishable Leadership Education Paper” sponsored by SAGE Publishing!
It's Good for What Ails You: Leadership Education in Medical School
Stephen J. Linenberger, Bellevue University
John Schmidt, Creigton University
Jennifer Moss Breen, Creigton University