Introduction to Corrections provides students with a comprehensive foundation of corrections that is practitioner-driven and grounded in modern research and theoretical origins. This text uniquely illustrates how the day-to-day practitioner conducts business in the field of corrections in both institutional and community settings. Experienced correctional practitioner, scholar, and author Robert D. Hanser
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package
Contact your rep to request a demo, answer your questions, and explore the robust tools and resources available with this text.
- SAGE Premium Video
Included in the interactive eBook! SAGE Premium Video tools and resources boost comprehension and bolster analysis. Learn more.
- Interactive eBook
Your students save when you bundle the print version with the Interactive eBook (978-1-5443-6584-8), which includes access to SAGE Premium Video and other multimedia tools. Learn more.
- SAGE coursepacks
makesit easy to import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS). Intuitive and simple to use, SAGE coursepacks allows you to customize course content to meet your students’ needs. Learn more.
- SAGE edge
This companion website offers both instructors and students a robust online environment with an impressive array of teaching and learning resources. Learn more.
Instructors: SAGE coursepacks and SAGE edge online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
• required access codes
• learning a new system
Say YES to…
• using only the content you want and need
• high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
With SAGE coursepacks, you get:
- quality textbook content delivered directly into your LMS;
- an intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort;
- assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, including:
- diagnostic chapter pre-tests and post-tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided;
- assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives, and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life, featuring:
- Criminal Justice in Practice Videos: Animated, decision-making scenarios challenge students to explore how they would respond to real-world situations faced by criminal justice professionals.
- Prison Tour Videos: Filmed specifically for this text, these videos feature inmates and correctional workers from Louisiana State Penitentiary in Angola, Louisiana and Richwood Correctional Facility in Monroe, Louisiana.
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook.
- Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions.
- chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content;
- exclusive SAGE journal and reference content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties influential research and scholarship to chapter concepts;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch;
- sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course to your exact needs;
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions;
- integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for students to maximize their study time with this “anywhere, anytime” mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources, including SAGE Premium Video; and
- all tables and figures from the textbook.
SAGE edge for students enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
- video resources that bring concepts to life are curated exclusively for this text;
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts;
- eQuizzes that allow students to practice and assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention;
- chapter summaries with learning objectives that reinforce the most important material;
- chapter-specific study questions that allow students to engage with the material;
- exclusive access to influential SAGE journal and reference content that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning; and
- exercises and meaningful Web links that facilitate student use of Internet resources, further exploration of topics, and responses to critical thinking questions.