Course tools done right.
Built to support your teaching. Designed to ignite learning.
“With Vantage, I set up my course in under 10 minutes, which is unheard of...And it benefitted students, they did all the right things in all the right places. I love Vantage!”
—Karin Machluf, Instructor, Penn State Scranton
“My learners really enjoyed the SAGE Vantage experience. Many of them said it forced them to read, which aided in their comprehension…The feedback I received is that they all really enjoyed the interactive nature of the program, as well as the [number] of activities…”
—Daniel Amoruso, Instructor, Boise State University
SEE HOW IT WORKS!
Introduction to Criminal Justice: Practice and Process, Fourth Edition – Vantage Digital Option delivers trusted SAGE textbook content on SAGE vantage, an intuitive digital platform that offers auto-graded assignments and interactive multimedia tools, all carefully designed to ignite student engagement and drive critical thinking. Built with you and your students in mind, it offers easy course set-up and enables students to better prepare for class. With evidence-based instructional design at the core, SAGE vantage creates more time for engaged learning and empowered teaching, keeping the classroom where it belongs—in your hands.
Easy to access across mobile, desktop, and tablet devices, SAGE vantage enables students to engage with the material you choose, learn by applying knowledge, and soar with confidence by performing better in your course.
Makes it easy for students to study wherever they are—students can take notes, highlight content, look up definitions, and more!
Builds on core concepts, moving students from basic understanding to mastery.
Offers frequent knowledge checks, applied-learning multimedia tools, and chapter tests with focused feedback to assure students know key concepts.
Feeds auto-graded assignments to your gradebook, with real-time insight into student and class performance.
Written by expert authors and teachers, content is not sacrificed for technical features.
Affordable access to easy-to-use, quality learning tools students will appreciate.
About Introduction to Criminal Justice: Practice and Process, Fourth Edition
The best-selling Introduction to Criminal Justice: Practice and Process uses a practical, applied approach to teach students the foundations of the U.S. criminal justice system. Award-winning authors Kenneth J. Peak and Tamara D. Madensen-Herold draw on their many years of combined practitioner and academic experience to explain the importance of criminal justice and show how key trends, emerging issues, and practical lessons can be applied in the field. The Fourth Edition keeps students up to date with new content on recent cases, cybercrime, policing strategies, drug abuse, human trafficking, terrorism, immigration, and much more.
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
SAGE Coursepacks includes:
- Our content delivered directly into your LMS
- An intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effor
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available on the SAGE vantage platform, linked through SAGE coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives, and curated and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to diverse learner, featuring:
- Student on the Street videos that breathe life into concepts with stories drawn from common student misconceptions of criminal justice
- Criminal Justice in Practice videos that offer students career advice, provide insights into a variety of career paths, and discuss challenges and misconceptions of each profession.
- Career videos with criminal justice professionals discussing their day-to-day work and current issues related to technology, diversity, and cutting-edge developments in their field.
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
- Assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
- Diagnostic chapter quizzes that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
- Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
- Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
- All tables and figures from the textbook