HEALTH CARE SECTOR
1. Health Care: Will the Affordable Care Act Survive?
2. Aging Population: Can the U.S. Support its Growing Ranks of Elderly?
Should Americans Work longer?
Will Spending on Health Care for the Elderly Bankrupt the United States?
Will the Young and Old Fight Over Resources?
SAFETY NET SECTOR
3. Domestic Poverty: Can Stricter Work Mandates Reduce the Poverty Rate?
Would Stronger Work Requirements for Those Receiving Public Assistance Help Reduce Poverty?
Should the Federal Government Increase Housing Subsidies for the Poor?
Would Raising the Federal Minimum Wage to $15 an Hour Reduce Poverty?
4. Poverty and Homelessness: Will the Trump Budget Slash Programs for the Needy?
MENTAL HEALTH AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE SECTOR
5. Loneliness and Social Isolation: Do they Pose a Growing Health Epidemic?
Is the United States Facing an Epidemic of Loneliness?
Does Technology Increase Loneliness?
Can Federal Policies Help Decrease Loneliness?
6. Opioid Addiction: Will New strategies Be effective?
CHILD AND FAMILY SECTOR
7. Foster Care: Can the System Handle Soaring Demand?
Do Officials Remove Children Too Quickly from Homes Where the Parents Abuse Drugs?
Will a New Federal Law Improve Foster Care Services?
Should Publicly Funded Faith-Based Foster Care and Adoption Groups Be Allowed to Reject Applications from Same-Sex Couples?
8. Education Funding: Should States Increase Funding for Public Schools?
Does Higher Spending on Public Education Improve Student Achievement?
Is Reforming the Teacher Pay System More Important Than Giving All Teachers Raises?
Do Vouchers Erode Public School Funding and Hurt Student Outcomes?
9. Affirmative Action and College Admissions: Should Racial and Ethnic Preferences Continue?
Should Minorities Receive Preferential Treatment in College Admissions?
Should Affirmative Action Be Based on Income Rather Than Race or Ethnicity?
Does Campus Diversity Improve the Quality of Education for All Students?
10. Immigration: Will Trump Succeed in Blocking Undocumented Immigrants?
11. Immigrant Detention: Is the System Too Harsh?
Does Mass Detention Deter Illegal Migration?
Is Mass Detention of Undocumented Immigrants Necessary for Public Safety?
Should Women and Children Be Detained While Awaiting Deportation?
CRIMINAL JUSTICE SECTOR
12. Crime and Policing: Will President Trump’s Policies Reduce Crime?
13. For-Profit Prisons: Should Companies Be in the Incarceration Business?
Should Private Prisons Be Banned?
Are Private Prisons Less Safe Than Public Prisons?
Are Private Prisons More Cost Effective Than Public Prisons?
14. Gun Violence: Have Efforts to Control Firearms Reached a Turning Point?
Are Recent Mass Shootings Increasing the Likelihood of Stronger Gun Control Laws?
Should a State’s Concealed-Carry Gun License Be Honored In Every State?
Should a Background Check be Required for Every Gun Transfer?
INDIVIDUAL AND GLOBAL RIGHTS
15. LGBT Rights: Will the New Supreme Court Nominee Undercut Gay Rights?
16. The STEM Gender Gap: Can Science and Tech Attract More Women?
Should Schools Teach STEM Subjects Differently to Help Close the Gender Gap?
Are Discrimination and Sexual Harassment the Primary Reasons for the Gender Gap in STEM?
Is Increasing the Number of Women in STEM Fields Important?
17. Labor Shortage Debate: Does the Country Need More Workers?
Does a Labor Shortage Really Exist?
Do Stagnant Wages Mean the Economy Has a Sufficient Supply of Workers?
Should the Government Loosen Immigration Policies to Fill Jobs?
18. Plastic Pollution: Can the Global Mess Be Cleaned Up?
Will China’s Ban on Imported Waste Materials Make Plastic Pollution Worse?
Can Increased Recycling Significantly Reduce the Plastic Waste Problem?
Is Taxing Plastic Goods an Effective Way to Reduce Plastic Pollution?