Course tools done right.
Built to support your teaching. Designed to ignite learning.
STUDENTS: Please note that this is an instant-access product. Once you complete your purchase, you will not receive or need an access code. If you’ve previously accessed SAGE Vantage via your LMS and/or initiated a grace period, this purchase will be applied directly to your account when you log in to SAGE Vantage.
Within a few minutes of completing your order, you will receive two (2) emails as follows: a confirmation email (Your order has been received) and an email with additional instructions on how to access your product (Your SAGE Vantage order is ready). Be sure to check your spam folder and adjust filter settings if you do not receive these emails.
INSTRUCTORS: See what your colleagues are saying...
“With Vantage, I set up my course in under 10 minutes, which is unheard of...And it benefitted students, they did all the right things in all the right places. I love Vantage!”
—Karin Machluf, Instructor, Penn State Scranton
“My learners really enjoyed the SAGE Vantage experience. Many of them said it forced them to read, which aided in their comprehension…The feedback I received is that they all really enjoyed the interactive nature of the program, as well as the [number] of activities…”
—Daniel Amoruso, Instructor, Boise State University
SEE HOW IT WORKS!
Keeping the Republic – Vantage Digital Option, Eighth Brief Edition delivers trusted SAGE textbook content on SAGE Vantage, an intuitive digital platform that offers auto-graded assignments and interactive multimedia tools, all carefully designed to ignite student engagement and drive critical thinking. Built with you and your students in mind, it offers easy course set-up and enables students to better prepare for class. With evidence-based instructional design at the core, SAGE Vantage creates more time for engaged learning and empowered teaching, keeping the classroom where it belongs—in your hands. Easy to access across mobile, desktop, and tablet devices, SAGE Vantage enables students to engage with the material you choose, learn by applying knowledge, and soar with confidence by performing better in your course.
Makes it easy for students to study wherever they are—students can take notes, highlight content, look up definitions, and more!
Builds on core concepts, moving students from basic understanding to mastery.
Offers frequent knowledge checks, applied-learning multimedia tools, and chapter tests with focused feedback to assure students know key concepts.
Feeds auto-graded assignments to your gradebook, with real-time insight into student and class performance.
Written by expert authors and teachers, content is not sacrificed for technical features.
Affordable access to easy-to-use, quality learning tools students will appreciate.
About Keeping the Republic, Eighth Brief Edition
Keeping the Republic draws students into the study of American politics, showing them how to think critically about “who gets what, and how” while exploring the twin themes of power and citizenship. Students are pushed to consider how and why institutions and rules determine who wins and who loses in American politics, and to be savvy consumers of political information.
The thoroughly updated Eighth Edition considers how a major component of power is who controls the information, how it is assembled into narratives, and whether we come to recognize fact from fiction. Citizens now have unprecedented access to power – the ability to create and share their own narratives – while simultaneously being even more vulnerable to those trying to shape their views. The political landscape of today gives us new ways to keep the republic, and some high-tech ways to lose it.
Carefully condensed from the full version by authors Christine Barbour and Gerald Wright, Keeping the Republic, Brief Edition gives your students all the continuity and crucial content, in a more concise, value-oriented package.
Instructors: SAGE Coursepacks and SAGE Edge online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE Coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE Edge.
With SAGE Coursepacks, you get:
- quality textbook content delivered directly into your LMS;
- an intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort;
- assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, including:
- diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided;
- assignable data exercises in each chapter help students build essential data literacy skills using interactive data visualization tools from SAGE Stats and U.S. Political Stats. Drawing on key data series ranging from demographic patterns to state budgets to voting behavior, these exercises offer students a dynamic way to analyze real-world data and think critically about the stories behind the numbers.
- Assignable Video (available on the SAGE Vantage platform, linked through SAGE Coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives and curated and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life, featuring:
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
- Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
- 25 “Topics in American Government” videos that recap the fundamentals of American politics in every chapter—from the Bill of Rights to voter turnout to the powers of the presidency
- Over 36 News Clips from the Associated Press that bring extra coverage of current events into the book, connecting multiple, brief 2- to 4-minute news clips to core American government chapter content
- Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content;
- exclusive SAGE journal and reference content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties influential research and scholarship to chapter concepts;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch;
- sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course to your exact needs;
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions; and
- all tables and figures from the textbook