Leading Coherently draws insight from 36 exemplary leaders to describe a natural and potent relationship between leadership formation, performance, and sustainability. Through sharing their leadership stories, leaders from across the globe reveal prominent themes about how leaders are formed to the role of influencing others toward the achievement of goals. Leaders also reveal how leaders perform such influence on others, and how leaders sustain themselves and their leadership influence over time and adversity.
- References leadership wisdom born of rich experience from a very diverse group of credible and respected leaders
- Describes elements of leadership formation, performance and sustainability that cut across gender, culture, and context
- Observes a dynamic relationship between leadership values, character, behavior, and dispositions
- Presents a model for assessing, and advancing coherent leadership
- Presents practical examples of how real-world leaders advance the coherency of their leadership practice
This would be an ideal text for students in leadership programs at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral level. Aspiring and practicing leaders across all fields who are interested in understanding powerful influences within their formation, improving their performance, and sustaining themselves and their purpose will also find this book extremely helpful.