Course tools done right.
Built to support your teaching. Designed to ignite learning.
STUDENTS: Please note that this is an instant-access product. Once you complete your purchase, you will not receive or need an access code. If you’ve previously accessed SAGE Vantage via your LMS and/or initiated a grace period, this purchase will be applied directly to your account when you log in to SAGE Vantage.
Within a few minutes of completing your order, you will receive two (2) emails as follows: a confirmation email (Your order has been received) and an email with additional instructions on how to access your product (Your SAGE Vantage order is ready). Be sure to check your spam folder and adjust filter settings if you do not receive these emails.
INSTRUCTORS: See what your colleagues are saying...
“With Vantage, I set up my course in under 10 minutes, which is unheard of...And it benefitted students, they did all the right things in all the right places. I love Vantage!”
—Karin Machluf, Instructor, Penn State Scranton
“My learners really enjoyed the SAGE Vantage experience. Many of them said it forced them to read, which aided in their comprehension…The feedback I received is that they all really enjoyed the interactive nature of the program, as well as the [number] of activities…”
—Daniel Amoruso, Instructor, Boise State University
SEE HOW IT WORKS!
Lifespan Development in Context: A Topical Approach – Vantage Digital Option delivers trusted SAGE textbook content on SAGE Vantage, an intuitive digital platform that offers auto-graded assignments and interactive multimedia tools, all carefully designed to ignite student engagement and drive critical thinking. Built with you and your students in mind, it offers easy course set-up and enables students to better prepare for class. With evidence-based instructional design at the core, SAGE Vantage creates more time for engaged learning and empowered teaching, keeping the classroom where it belongs—in your hands.
Easy to access across mobile, desktop, and tablet devices, SAGE Vantage enables students to engage with the material you choose, learn by applying knowledge, and soar with confidence by performing better in your course.
Makes it easy for students to study wherever they are—students can take notes, highlight content, look up definitions, and more!
Builds on core concepts, moving students from basic understanding to mastery.
Offers frequent knowledge checks, applied-learning multimedia tools, and chapter tests with focused feedback to assure students know key concepts.
Feeds auto-graded assignments to your gradebook, with real-time insight into student and class performance.
Written by expert authors and teachers, content is not sacrificed for technical features.
Affordable access to easy-to-use, quality learning tools students will appreciate.
About Lifespan Development in Context: A Topical Approach
Award-winning author Tara L. Kuther presents Lifespan Development in Context, a topically organized version of her bestselling Lifespan Development text that provides a panoramic view of the many influences that shape human development.
INSTRUCTORS: SAGE Coursepacks and SAGE Edge online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales rep today.
SAGE Coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS*). Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE Edge.
- Assessment tools foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement
- Diagnostic chapter pre-tests and post-tests identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- Activity and quiz options allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- Instructions show you how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Chapter-specific discussion questions help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Assignable Video (available on the SAGE Vantage platform, linked through Coursepacks) is tied to learning objectives curated, and produced exclusively for this text
- Dr. Kuther’s Chalk Talks are whiteboard-style animations narrated by the author that provide a foundational overview so students can learn basic concepts outside the classroom, allowing class time to be spent on active learning
- Lives in Context Video Cases with follow-up assessments spotlight individuals in every stage of the lifespan, allowing students to see theories of development through a culturally rich, real-world lens
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options automatically feed to your gradebook
- A comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource lists the chapter to which the video content is tied, matches learning objective(s), and includes helpful descriptions of the video content and assessment questions
- Additional multimedia resources bring concepts to life and are tied to learning objectives
- EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal articles, built into course materials and assessment tools, tie important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but can customize to your exact needs
- Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions
- All tables and figures from the textbook are conveniently found in one place