Utilizing the comparative method, the authors set Texas in context with other states' constitutions, policymaking, electoral practices, and institutions as they delve into the evolution of its politics. Critical thinking questions and unvarnished "Winners and Losers" discussions guide students toward understanding Texas government and assessing the state's political landscape. The Seventh Edition is highly revised with coverage of the state's response to the COVID pandemic, brand new chapter-level learning objectives, new Texas Legends boxes on suffragists, updated demographic and immigration statistics, and new Discussion Starter questions to help in-class discussion on critical policy debates.
Instructors: SAGE coursepacks and SAGE edge online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
· required access codes
· learning a new system
Say YES to…
· using only the content you want and need
· high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
With SAGE coursepacks, you get:
· quality textbook content delivered directly into your LMS;
· an intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort;
· assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, including:
o diagnostic chapter quizzes that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
o test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with electronic test generation
o instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided;
- assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the Vantage course, linked through SAGE coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives, and curated exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life, featuring:
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
o Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
· an instructor's manual with chapter-specific discussion questions and class activities to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content;
· editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch; and
· all tables and figures from the textbook
SAGE edge for students enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
· an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
· eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts; and
· learning objectives that reinforce the most important material.