Click here for a press release about the book!
Put learning back into the hands of the learner!
Through personalized learning, education as we know it is transformed as learners are empowered to take control of their own learning. This thorough and timely resource draws on Universal Design for Learning® principles to create a powerful shift in classroom dynamics by guiding learners to become self-directed, self-monitoring, and self-motivated. You’ll discover:
- A system that includes tools and strategies to reduce barriers and maximize learning for all learners
- A clear explanation distinguishing personalized learning from differentiation and individualized instruction
- Teachers’ personal stories of moving through the Stages of Personalized Learning Environments to transform teacher and learner roles and school culture
- Background information on developing a rationale on why to personalize learning
- Strategies to create the change that occurs with the culture shift that happens in classrooms and schools as you personalize learning.
Recognized authorities in personalized learning, the authors have led educational innovation for almost three decades.
"As an educator for more than 30 years, I have seen a myriad of ideas to improve education. Personalized learning could truly be the game-changer! Barbara and Kathleen have certainly done their homework in clearly defining what it means to personalize learning. They identify stages that can help teachers gradually adapt their role, moving from a teacher-centered classroom to a learner-driven environment. This book will serve as a valuable handbook as educators make the decision to empower their learners!"
- Betty Wottreng, Director of Technology Services, Verona Area School District, Wisconsin