This book will help you deal with the hundreds of decisions you are faced with every day. It will show you how:
- The mind processes information
- Biological, physiological, and psychological factors influence thinking
- To better prepare yourself to address probable influences on your decisions
- To unleash the creative potential in your mind
This book distills what behavioral science has discovered related to how people, especially those in business, make decisions. Making Better Business Decisions will enable decision-makers to:
- Recognize and focus on the truly important decisions that require critical thinking
- Analyze options more clearly and creatively
- Reduce decisional time and effort
- Improve judgement quality
Awareness and application of the material contained within will enable us not only to improve our own decisions, but will also provide the means for us to understand how and why others decide as they do.
Applying rational decisional techniques or intuition can most likely solve our everyday routine, repetitive, and minor problems. As decisions become more important and problems become more difficult, the energy required by critical thinking skills and creative problem solving can improve the quality of our thought processes and increase the likelihood of uncovering optimal solutions.