Measuring Patient Outcomes
- Marie T. Nolan - Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Victoria Mock - Johns Hopkins Hospital, USA
One of the most sought-after topics at the recent regional nursing research conference was outcomes measurement and research. Authors, Marie T. Nolan and Victoria Mock give a basic introduction to patient outcomes measurement. Measuring Patient Outcomes book is divided into two sections: the first section provides an overview of the patient outcomes measurement process (identification of outcomes, use of an SPSS data file, common statistical methods for measuring outcomes, data entry, presentation of outcomes); and the second comprises a variety of case examples of patient outcomes measurement.
"This book brings together the experience of health care professionals and the lastest knowledge about what it takes to:
- Identify and measure patient outcomes successfully and practically
- Analyze and illustrate reliable and valid outcomes data using the latest technology and computer packages; and
- Utilize the results of systematic, interdisciplinary outcomes studies to improve care and plan future studies."