"Models of Teaching is a great asset for beginning teachers as they integrate their pre-service training with the standards-based curricula in schools."
—Amany Saleh, Arkansas State University
"Rarely have I read a text from cover to cover...however, your text provided an abundance of effective teaching strategies in ways that better informed my own teaching...I was compelled to read through the entire test! Great job!"
—Carolyn Andrews, Student at University of Nevada, Reno
"This is a practical text that focuses on current practices in education and demonstrates how various models of teaching can address national standards."
—Marsha Zenanko, Jacksonville State University
"Models of Teaching provides excellent case studies that will enable students to 'see' models of teaching in practice in the classroom."
—Margaret M. Ferrara, University of Nevada, Reno
Models of Teaching: Connecting Student Learning With Standards features classic and contemporary models of teaching appropriate to elementary and secondary settings. Authors Jeanine M. Dell'Olio and Tony Donk use detailed case studies to discuss 10 models of teaching and demonstrate how the models can incorporate state content standards and benchmarks, as well as technology standards. This book provides students with a theoretical and practical understanding of how to use models of teaching to both meet and exceed the growing expectations for research-based instructional practices and student achievement.
- Shows how each model looks and sounds in classrooms at all levels: Each model is illustrated with two detailed case studies (elementary and secondary) and post-lesson reflections.
- Offers detailed descriptions of the phases of each model: Each model is accompanied by a detailed chart and discussion of the steps of the model.
- Applies technology standards and performance indicators: Each chapter addresses how the particular model can be implemented to meet technology standards and performance indicators.
- Connects philosophies of curriculum and instruction: This book connects each model to a philosophy of curriculum and instruction that undergirds that model so teachers understand both how to teach and why.
- Promotes student interaction with the text: Exercises at the end of each chapter provide the opportunity for beginning teachers to work directly with core curricula from their own state, and/or local school district curricula.
A High Quality Ancillary Package!
- Instructors' Resource CD-ROM—This helpful CD-ROM offers PowerPoint slides, an electronic test bank, Web resources, a teaching guide for the case studies, lesson plan template instructions, and much more. Qualified instructors can request a copy by contacting SAGE Customer Care at 1-800-818-SAGE (7243) from 6am–5pm, PT.
- Student Study Site (www.sagepub.com/delloliostudy)— This study site provides practice tests, flash cards, a lesson plan template, suggested assignments, links to state content and technology standards, field experience guides, and much more.
Intended Audience: This is an excellent core textbook for advanced undergraduate and graduate students studying Elementary and/or Secondary Teaching Methods in the field of Education.
Talk to the authors!
Jeanine Dell'Olio: email@example.com
Tony Donk: firstname.lastname@example.org