Marketing Management for Charitable and Nongovernmental Organizations
- Walter Wymer - Christopher Newport University, USA
- Patricia Knowles - Clemson University, USA
- Roger Gomes - Clemson University, USA
- Offers clear coverage of marketing fundamentals: A survey of marketing functions, tailored specifically for nonprofit organizations, provides the reader with a framework for organizing, planning, and implementing marketing strategies. Special treatment is given to the important areas of marketing research and marketing communications.
- Provides in-depth treatment of the most important marketing activities: Covers not only the key fundamentals, but also covers essential marketing functions such as direct marketing, fund raising, special events, attracting major gifts, and volunteer recruitment.
- Addresses emerging topics: Current and complete coverage is provided on social marketing and cause marketing, two emerging areas that are rapidly increasing in importance in the nonprofit sector. The book also includes many international examples of real-world organizations to offer students a multinational perspective on nonprofit marketing.
Instructor Resources on CD are available to qualified adopters of Nonprofit Marketing. These resources include chapter outlines, discussion questions, teaching tips, review questions, and much more!
This is an excellent text for undergraduate and graduate students studying nonprofit marketing in the fields of Marketing, Public Administration, Social Work, Sociology, Arts Administration, Management, and Business.
Meet the author! users.cnu.edu\~wwymer
It fits the coverage I need for the course while not being so detailed as to seem enclyclopedic to students.
I have been using Andreasen Strategic Marketing for Nonprofit Orgs. My colleague at Northeastern uses the Wymer text. I am not impressed. I find Andreasen laid out in a more accessible format. Tables and exhibits seem more useful, readily adoptable, in real nonprofit situations. Both textbooks are in need of an update or new accompanying DVD addressing social media. The Gomes/Knowles CV/M Matrix is a promising tool for assessing program efficacy. With more application examples, can become a free-standing chapter.