"An essential guide for anyone hungry to learn how journalism should be practised today, and will be tomorrow. Hill and Lashmar encapsulate the transformative impact technology is having on journalism, but anchor those changes in the basic principles of reporting."
- Paul Lewis, The Guardian
"As the news business transforms, Online Journalism is a fantastic new resource for both students and lecturers. Informative, straightforward and easily digested, it’s a one-stop shop for the skills, knowledge, principles and mindset required for journalistic success in the digital age."
- Mary Braid, Kingston University
Online and social media have become indispensible tools for journalists, but you still have to know how to find and tell a great story. To be a journalist today, you must have not only the practical skills to work with new technologies, but also the understanding of how and why journalism has changed.
What this book does for you:
- Tips and advice from leading industry experts in their own words
- QR codes throughout the book to take you straight to multimedia links
- A fully up-to-date companion website loaded with teaching resources, detailed careers advice and industry insights (http://onlinejournalismguide.com/)
- Exercises to help you hone your skills
- Top five guided reading list for each topic, so you can take it further