SAGE Publishing acquires journal portfolio from prominent humanities and social science publisher, IP Publishing
London, UK. – SAGE Publishing, one of the world’s leading independent and academic publishers today announced the purchase of the full journal portfolio of academic journals publisher, IP Publishing Ltd.
IP Publishing Ltd is an independent company specializing in the publication of referred academic and professional journals within the humanities and social sciences. As of April 1st SAGE will be publishing the following five titles:
- Industry and Higher Education – a bi-monthly journal dedicated to the practical and theoretical aspects of the relationships between business and industry and higher education institutions.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation – provides a global forum for the exploration and dissemination of ideas relating to the nature, development and application of entrepreneurship.
- Outlook on Agriculture –quarterly journal focusing on the role of agriculture in social and economic development and on related regional, national and international policies and strategies.
- South East Asia Research –co-published quarterly with the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), the journal publishes papers on South East Asian cultures and societies across a wide range of disciplines.
- Tourism Economics – bi-monthly journal covering the business and financial aspects of tourism and recreation in the wider context of development, community, sustainability and production.
Speaking of the journal acquisitions, Karen Phillips, SAGE Publishing’s Editorial Director commented:
“SAGE Publishing has, and continues to build, a prestigious list of journals publishing within the humanities and social sciences. The addition of the journal portfolio from IP Publishing goes to further expand our research within economics and education complementing our existing portfolio. We are delighted to be working with the prestigious editorial boards and society contacts, and look forward to welcoming these journals to SAGE and supporting their ongoing development.”
Speaking on behalf of IP Publishing, John Edmondson, Director, further remarked:
“I am very pleased that SAGE Publishing will be taking over the publication of the IP’s journals. SAGE is one of those rare companies that manage to combine the scale, reach and capabilities of a large business with the culture and adaptability of a small one. I am impressed by its commitment to professionalism in publishing and its entirely appropriate recognition of the importance of personal relationships. I look forward with confidence to watching the further development of IP Publishing’s journals in their new home at SAGE.”
For more information including subscriber contact information, please visit: https://uk.sagepub.com/en-gb/eur/ip_publishing
# # #
Sara Miller McCune founded SAGE Publishing in 1965 to support the dissemination of usable knowledge and educate a global community. SAGE is a leading international provider of innovative, high-quality content publishing more than 900 journals and over 800 new books each year, spanning a wide range of subject areas. Our growing selection of library products includes archives, data, case studies and video. SAGE remains majority owned by our founder and after her lifetime will become owned by a charitable trust that secures the company’s continued independence. Principal offices are located in Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore, Washington DC and Melbourne. www.sagepublishing.com
Founded in 1990 by Alastair Dingwall and John Edmondson, IP Publishing Ltd is an independent company that specializes in the publication of refereed academic and professional journals. All IP journals are published in print and online. The company strives to maintain the highest standards for its journals in all respects - published papers, editorial skills, presentation, and customer service. http://www.ippublishing.com