SAGE Publishing adds American Journal of Health Promotion to its health journals portfolio
SAGE Publishing is delighted to announce that it has begun publishing the American Journal of Health Promotion (AJHP). AJHP is an outlet for research promoting healthy behaviors, initiatives and lifestyle changes, and has provided an international forum for researchers and practitioners for 30 years.
"We chose SAGE as the publisher to carry American Journal of Health Promotion forward because they embrace our core values of service, quality, and integrity, and they have the capacity to expand our reach domestically and globally," commented Michael P. O’Donnell, MBA, MPH, PhD, Founder and Editor in Chief.
A bimonthly journal, AJHP publishes research across a range of disciplines related to health promotion. Topics covered by the journal include:
- Interventions, including emotional health (e.g., stress management) intellectual health (e.g., mind and body health), physical health (e.g., fitness, medical self-care, nutrition, smoking control, and weight control), social health and spiritual health
- Strategies, including health awareness programs, behavior change programs, and supportive environment programs.
- Applications, including employee assistance programs, health promoting community design, and programs for underserved populations
- Research, including issues related to measurement, study design, analysis and sampling, and important results on financial analysis and return on investment
“The research published in the American Journal of Health Promotion informs health policies and programs worldwide while enabling individuals to make positive improvements in many areas of their lives,” commented Bob Howard, Vice President of Journals, SAGE Publishing. “We look forward to strengthening the journal’s reach and increasing its impact.”
AJHP accepts scholarly articles, literature reviews and reports focused on current issues, trends, or applied research.
For more information, click here.
# # #
Sara Miller McCune founded SAGE Publishing in 1965 to support the dissemination of usable knowledge and educate a global community. SAGE is a leading international provider of innovative, high-quality content publishing more than 900 journals and over 800 new books each year, spanning a wide range of subject areas. Our growing selection of library products includes archives, data, case studies and video. SAGE remains majority owned by our founder and after her lifetime will become owned by a charitable trust that secures the company’s continued independence. Principal offices are located in Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore, Washington DC and Melbourne. www.sagepublishing.com
Contact (media inquiries only)
- Camille Gamboa, Director of Corporate Communications and Public Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: (+1) 805-410-7441
- Louise Coady, Head of Corporate Communications and Public Affairs: email@example.com / Tel: (+44) (0)7810 807291