SAGE Publishing Brings Home Seven 2019 Textbook Awards
Seven SAGE Publishing titles have received 2019 Textbook Awards from the Textbook & Academic Authors Association (TAA). A total of 31 textbooks were awarded amongst three categories: the William Holmes McGuffey Longevity Award, the Textbook Excellence Award and the Most Promising New Textbook Award. For the second year in a row, SAGE is the only publisher to have received awards in every category.
“SAGE College has gone from receiving our first TAA award five years ago to seven in 2019 – a reflection of the value our academic market places on SAGE’s commitment to content and technology innovation,” says Michele Sordi, SAGE’s Senior Vice President and Head of US College. “We know that teaching isn’t easy and we’re committed to publishing innovative, professor- and student-friendly pedagogical materials in the social sciences.”
The seven SAGE titles are:
- Case Study Research and Applications: Design and Methods by Robert K. Yin, recipient of a McGuffey Longevity Award
- Introduction to Social Work: An Advocacy-Based Profession by Lisa E. Cox, Carolyn J. Tice and Dennis D. Long, recipient of a Textbook Excellence Award
- IR: International, Economic, and Human Security in a Changing World by James M. Scott, Ralph G. Carter and A. Cooper Drury, recipient of a Textbook Excellence Award
- The CQ Press Writing Guide for Public Policy by Andrew Pennock, recipient of a Textbook Excellence Award (published by CQ Press, a SAGE imprint)
- Introduction to Strategic Public Relations: Digital, Global, and Socially Responsible Communication by Janis Teruggi Page and Lawrence J. Parnell, recipient of a Most Promising New Textbook Award
- Social Psychology by Thomas Heinzen and Wind Goodfriend, recipient of a Most Promising New Textbook Award
- Sociology in Action by Kathleen Odell Korgen and Maxine P. Atkinson, recipient of a Most Promising New Textbook Award
“We are proud to partner with the best authors in the social sciences on high quality content and digital solutions that strengthen student engagement and critical thinking skills,” continues Sordi.
The TAA Awards recognize emerging and veteran textbook and academic authors, who are nominated by authors or publishers. The awards recognize excellence over time (McGuffey Longevity Award), excellence in current textbooks and materials (Textbook Excellence Award) and excellence in 1st edition learning materials, including textbooks (Most Promising New Textbook Award).
To learn more about the Textbook & Academic Authors Association, visit their website.
Sara Miller McCune founded SAGE Publishing in 1965 to support the dissemination of usable knowledge and educate a global community. SAGE is a leading international provider of innovative, high-quality content publishing more than 1,000 journals and over 900 new books each year, spanning a wide range of subject areas. Our growing selection of library products includes archives, data, case studies and video. SAGE remains majority owned by our founder and after her lifetime will become owned by a charitable trust that secures the company’s continued independence. Principal offices are located in Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore, Washington DC and Melbourne. www.sagepublishing.com
Contact (media inquiries only)
- Olivia Butze, PR Associate: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: (+1) 805-410-7653