SAGE Publishing Statement on the COVID-19 Pandemic
SAGE Publishing's thoughts are with the higher education teaching and research communities we serve as together we navigate this difficult time. We are committed to doing what we can to support you.
We know that the work of the research community will be critical to addressing the challenge of COVID-19. To support this, we have taken a number of actions, for example:
- We have removed the subscription gateway to articles that we believe will be of value to researchers and practitioners at this time.
- We have signed and committed to the Wellcome coordinated statement on sharing research data and findings relevant to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- We have created and will maintain a microsite that highlights freely available research from both the social and behavioral sciences and medical sciences on COVID-19 and more broadly on managing pandemics.
- We will fast track and publish open access, without any article publishing charges (APCs), research that is relevant to the current pandemic.
- We are hosting a hub at our Social Science Space website focused on sharing what social and behavioral researchers can tell us and teach us - in real time - about public health, mitigation measures, social distancing, and other issues that are important in dealing with COVID-19.
For authors and early career researchers who are preparing articles for publication in remote and challenging circumstances, we have a range of resources here on our Journals Author Gateway.
We also know that teaching and other university services are being disrupted considerably by the pandemic and we are here to support teaching faculty and librarians through this transition. In particular, as many universities move to online teaching, we are making a range of articles available that give advice on how to teach online. We are also giving free access to some online teaching and research materials:
- Free resources and access options to support libraries
- US teaching materials
- UK teaching materials
- All other regions
SAGE has also taken steps to protect our staff, their families, the communities we live in, and the partners we work with and to ensure the continuity of our business and service to our customers. Most SAGE staff in the United States and United Kingdom are now working remotely and we have eliminated in-person meetings to minimize risk of spreading the virus.
Our website and platforms including SAGE Journals, SAGE Knowledge and SAGE Vantage will be operating as usual. Please contact email@example.com for technical support queries about SAGE Journals, SAGE Knowledge, SAGE Research Methods, CQ Library, SAGE Stats, or Data Planet. For queries about SAGE Vantage, North American customers can visit our Vantage Support Page.
Additionally, our Sales and Customer Support teams are here to support you and can be contacted in the usual way:
We welcome requests and suggestions from you about how SAGE can make your life easier at this time. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with ideas and follow us on social media at Twitter @SAGE_Publishing and Instagram @SAGE_Publishing for updates on these initiatives.
We wish good health to everyone at this time.