Why is psychology important in healthcare practice? Each person is a unique mix of thoughts, emotions, personality, behaviour patterns, and their own personal history and experiences. Having a thorough understanding of the psychological aspects of medicine and health has become ever more important to ensure that patients receive excellent care and treatment.
The new edition is fully up to date with current practices and now includes:
- New section on epigenetics
- New examples of models of behaviour focusing on alcohol and smoking
- A greater focus on the role of partners/family as specific sources of social support in various contexts
- Increased coverage on NICE guidance
- More emphasis on psychological interventions
The new edition of this bestselling textbook continues to provide a comprehensive overview of the research, theory, application and current practices in the field and is essential reading for all medicine and healthcare students.